Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Construction Work Ahead

Summer is a good time for travel, especially in places where there will be lot of snow during winters. When spring season starts, it always a joy to see greenery everywhere again. When Fall season starts, it's beautiful to see all colors of leaves but there is a feeling that summer is over and it's time to get ready for winter.

One thing we often see during summer time is road work or construction. Sometimes you see miles of road blocked on a highway because of construction. Lot of times construction forces you to take detour. We normally don't like detours because it longer than the normal way. Construction most of the time slows us down. We get frustrated and angry at times seeing the traffic jam. One day I was thinking how if there was no construction done on the roads. We will end up having really bad roads which ultimately will make our commute worse. Few days or weeks of construction makes it usable again with greater comfort. It always feel good when you are driving or use a road which was repaired or some work was done on it. We all don't like construction or traffic jams which result from it but we all enjoy the outcome.

There is a portion in the Bible which talks about work being done.

Jeremiah 18:1-4
The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying:  “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was making something on the wheel.  Yet the vessel that he made of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it. (MEV)

Here the potter was making a vessel but it was spoiled. He did not throw it away but made it again into another vessel as seemed good to the potter to make it.  It's so comforting to know that our God is working on us. There are seasons of construction in everyone's life. At that time it will not be easy and we will feel frustrated and painful. He will have lot of questions on our mind.

I want to encourage you by saying you that repair work and construction is not going to end in a bad end result. It will always end up being a blessing for others. During seasons when God is working on you, let Him work. Trust Him to do it the best way. He will make you in to the shape that seems good to Him.

A real Christian is the one who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip. -Billy Graham

A real Christian is one who does not just act a certain way in front of some people, and another way in front of others. There are many so called Christians who only act in a Godly way so that others can see them but at home they lead a life of sin. A true Christian is one that acts the same around everyone and always endeavors to live a life that if filled with compassion and loved. So do not worry.

He's still working on me is a song by Joel Hemphill and I want to share the lyrics here

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

There really ought to be a sign upon my heart
Don't judge him yet, there's an unfinished part
But I'll be better just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

In the mirror of His word
Reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me
But He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the potter, I'm the clay

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me


God Bless You!

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...