Godly Generation 10 - They will manifest God’s Power in this World
We have reached the 10th message in this series. In this I want to share with you something very important and it is so much missing today in the churches. Before that let me tell you about a person.
By profession he was a fisherman. He had lot of failures in his life. He also did some blunders which no one else has done. He would speak out and jump to something without thinking much. He became a disciple of Jesus. He was the first person to confess Jesus as messiah. He boasted and said he will never fall away. Once he even walked on water along with Jesus. He was one of the disciples in the inner circle of Jesus. But on the night in which Jesus was arrested he denied him three times. Yes I am talking about Peter.
Now let me tell you of one more people. Can you think of Paul? He wanted to destroy church. He did lot of harm to church. But ultimately he also came to Jesus and accepted him. Now Peter and Paul were ordinary people. But the things they did in this world were extra ordinary. That’s what I want to share with you.
After receiving the anointing of Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost Peter did certain things. Lets me list it he:-
- Peter Preached and 3000 people were added to church (Acts 2)
- Peter Healed the Crippled Beggar (Acts 3)
- Peter and John were delivered from Jail by an angel (Acts 4)
- “..People brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by evil spirits, and all of them were healed. (Act.5:15-16)
- The Paralytic Aeneas was healed
- Resurrects Dorcas-Tabitha from dead.
- Causes the death of Ananias and Sapphira
- Again escaped from Prison and Angel came to rescue him.
- Holy Spirit came upon people when he was preaching they spoke in tongues and prophesied.
Those were few things which Peter did. Now let’s see about Paul.
- Struck Elymas (Bar-Jesus) with blindness, Acts 13
- Healed a cripple, Acts 14
- Casted out an evil spirit, Acts 16
- Paul and Silas were delivered from jail, Acts 16
- Paul cured sick people, even touching his handkerchiefs healed people, Acts 19
- Paul Raised Eutychius to life from death, Acts 20
- Paul Shook a viper off his hand and was unharmed, Acts 28
- Paul healed the father of Publius of Dysentery, Acts 28
- Paul healed the sick of Malta, Acts 28
- Paul wrote about 13-14 Epistles of New Testament
- Established churches in many places
If I keep on writing the list will go on. But what was the difference. They had the anointing and power of God in their life. The supernatural gifts of God were operational in their life. Holy Spirit was working in their life. God’s power was manifested in their life.
Do you have a desire to be an instrument in the hands of God for him to manifest his power in this world? Have you ever prayed that God should give you the anointing to cast out demons, heal the sick and to do miracles in the name of Jesus? Jesus said that anyone who has faith in Him will do what He has been doing and He will do even greater things than these, because He was going to the Father (John 14:12). Do you simply believe this? Can you pray for greater things from God?
Remember that People who belong to a Godly Generation will manifest God’s power in this world through their life. They will sit in God’s presence and receive from God and go out. They will preach the Gospel, heal the sick, cast out demons, do miracles and move in the anointing and the power of the Holy Spirit.
May God Bless You!