Skip to main content

Thought - Two Options in front of a preacher of gospel


If I had to go to Babylon and start a church among the captives who came from Judah then I will have two options.

  1. Option 1 - Start a conservative Jewish church which has all God's law in its statement of faith and which follow everything law demands.  This church preaches against sin and call people to repentance and genuine spiritual life. Then I will have only four members in my church. They are Brother Daniel, Bro.Shadrach, Bro.Meshach and Bro.Abednego.
  2. Option 2 - Next option is to start a seeker friendly church  (I can name it like Babylon Jewish Community or Nebuchadnezzar Assembly or something which does not reveal what the church is all about). It only has few things in its statement of faith and it accepts everything. Mostly preaching will be about prosperity and giving people hope that captivity is going to end soon.  You will get to hear things like this often -Get ready for something amazing, unexpected, Babylonian power will break because of you, God is going to use you etc. Only condition is come once in a week. I don't care if you bow down to king and worship or what you eat and wear. Come once in week and don't forget your offering. This church may have hundreds in attendance.


Which one is better?   Starting and maintaining a Jewish church in Babylon is not easy. There will be so many challenges. Then the challenge and pressure of number of people. Today everything is measured in quantity and not quality.

If I hold Calvinistic view then I don't need to decide, whatever I choose does not matter since I will choose what was  predestined by God. If I hold Armenian view then I need to decide on one option.  Option 1 seems more aligned with Bible but Option 2 looks more aligned to and desirable in today's world. You may say Option 2 is what we need today to reach the world. What to do?

It’s a challenge which a conservative minister of gospel may faces daily in ministry!

Comments

Yash Sethi said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I came across your site - almost- by accident while searching for info on 21st December 2012.

Now I'm led to this page, through reading through the blog entries.

I don't think that the REAL Word of God can be compromised. You're either in - or you're out.

You are neither a half way winner nor a half way sinner.

But you may try. Lol

No elite team got 'there' by eating cake and drinking beer.

No, a small church it may be - but the problem with the masses today is that they have gone bad.

A new, clearn, lean regime is required.

No room for dodgers... a smaller number of elite members is what God wants...to be sure to be sure..

*sigh* well, speaking for myself, I have a LONG way to go to qualify.

: (
Anonymous said…
I came across your site - almost- by accident while searching for info on 21st December 2012.

Now I'm led to this page, through reading through the blog entries.

I don't think that the REAL Word of God can be compromised. You're either in - or you're out.

You are neither a half way winner nor a half way sinner.

But you may try. Lol

No elite team got 'there' by eating cake and drinking beer.

No, a small church it may be - but the problem with the masses today is that they have gone bad.

A new, clearn, lean regime is required.

No room for dodgers... a smaller number of elite members is what God wants...to be sure to be sure..

*sigh* well, speaking for myself, I have a LONG way to go to qualify.

: (
Tinku Thompson said…
Thanks for the comment. I can understand what you are saying but there are times when people compromise with many things. If they will miss out completely as a result of compromise is another interesting subject.

May the Lord help all of us to stand true to his word and lead an uncompromising life.
Anonymous said…
i just found your blogs and i have to say they are very well said no one knows the day the time or the hour when JESUS will return and you are right he says to pray in seceret to the father and to give in seceret to THE GLORY OF GOD NOT MAN..GOD BLESS YOU MAY YOU KEEP ON BLOGING looking forward to reading more amen
Anonymous said…
i just found your blogs and i have to say they are very well said no one knows the day the time or the hour when JESUS will return and you are right he says to pray in seceret to the father and to give in seceret to THE GLORY OF GOD NOT MAN..GOD BLESS YOU MAY YOU KEEP ON BLOGING looking forward to reading more amen
Anonymous said…
WHAT I HAVE READ POSTED HERE BY YOU IS THE MOST ACCURATE IN WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE THE HIDDEN TRUTH, I WAS PLEASED TO SEE YOU ARE PENTECOSTAL...NOW IM SURE YOU SPEAK IN THE TRUTH! GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU! YOU ARE A GREAT TEACHER AND I KNOW JESUS MUST BE PLEASED IN YOU AS HIS SERVANT. ALL THE GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST! IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN! PRAISE HIM FOR HIS TRUTH!

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Christians in Spiritual Walk — Signs to Identify & How to Overcome

  In many churches and Christian communities, believers find themselves at different stages of spiritual growth. The goal of the Christian life is continual growth into maturity, but not everyone is at the same point in the journey. Here are five common types of Christians , signs that help identify each group, and biblical ways to move toward spiritual victory and maturity . 1) Christians Living an Abundant, Obedient Life These believers actively follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and seek to grow daily in obedience and love. Signs Consistent prayer and Bible study Desire to obey God even when it is difficult Serves others willingly Demonstrates love, humility, and forgiveness Lives with peace and spiritual joy Shares faith naturally How They Continue Growing Remain humble and dependent on God Stay rooted in Scripture Maintain accountability and fellowship Serve consistently without pride Continue spiritual discipline even in difficult seasons Eve...

When the Mission Field Comes Home: Navigating the Transition Back to Ordinary Life

"He who is faithful in little is also faithful in much." — Luke 16:10 People approach mission trips at times with anxiety and excitement. When you return from one of the most spiritually charged weeks of your life you watched people come to the Lord, you prayed over the sick, you wept with strangers who became brothers and sisters, you served shoulder to shoulder with your team, who became like a family from dawn until long past dark, and somehow impossibly you were never tired. The Holy Spirit felt near, almost tangible. And then you got on the plane and came back home. Within days, sometimes within hours, the weight of ordinary life comes rushing back. The inbox. The commute. The pile of laundry. The Sunday service that, if you're honest, feels a little flat compared to what you just experienced. And instead of the joy you expected to carry home, you feel something closer to grief, a quiet, disorienting emptiness that you can't quite explain to the people around y...

Where Is Adam’s Missing Rib? Faith Meets Science

One of the most discussed verses in the Bible regarding creation is found in Genesis 2:21–22 , where Scripture says that God formed woman from the rib of man. This passage has raised many questions over the years—especially a common one: If God took a rib from Adam, why don’t men today have a missing rib? And how does science relate to this account? Rather than seeing faith and science as opposing forces, we can understand this passage more deeply by recognizing what the Bible is teaching—and what it is not trying to teach. The Biblical Purpose: Meaning, Not Anatomy Genesis is not written as a medical or biological textbook. Its primary purpose is to reveal God’s design, intention, and order in creation. When God formed woman from man’s rib, the message is deeply symbolic: Not from the head – not to rule over man Not from the feet – not to be trampled From the side – to stand beside him Close to the heart – to be loved and cherished The rib signifies equality, unity...