Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thought- Stop doubting and believe

After the resurrection, Jesus appeared to His disciples. They were overjoyed and Jesus told them that He is sending them as the Father sent Him. Jesus breathed on them and said “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” (John 20:21-23, NIV)

I am sure it was an exciting movement. But one disciple missed it. Thomas missed all of this and when he was told about it, he said, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." (John 20:25, NIV)

Now a week later Jesus came to His disciples and said to Thomas like this- "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." (John 20:27, NIV)

Jesus had told his disciples many times, before His death, about the His death and resurrection. At this point Thomas could not believe what the other disciples told him. Jesus' response includes two words which impressed me a lot - Stop doubting and believe. We all face such crisis in our lives. We hear lots of promises from God and when things go against our expectation,  we DOUBT. When we doubt, we lose confidence and our faith begins to sink. 

Are you going through a similar situation in your life? 

Jesus' word for you is - STOP DOUBTING AND BELIEVE!

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...