Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Restoration as a result of Repentance

Jeremiah 15:15-21

15 You understand, O LORD; remember me and care for me. Avenge me on my persecutors. You are long-suffering—do not take me away;think of how I suffer reproach for your sake. 16 When your words came, I ate them;they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. 17 I never sat in the company of revelers, never made merry with them; I sat alone because your hand was on me and you had filled me with indignation. 18 Why is my pain unending and my wound grievous and incurable? Will you be to me like a deceptive brook, like a spring that fails? 19 Therefore this is what the LORD says: “If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them. 20 I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you,” declares the LORD. 21 “I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel.”

All of us wants restoration in our life. There are many areas where we need to be restored. Some common areas are family, spiritual, marriage, friendship etc. Other meaning of word restoration is “the act of restoring something or someone to a satisfactory state” or “the state of being restored to its former good condition“.

We know that everything when it was made was perfect. We see that when God created the Earth then everything was perfect but later man destroyed it. Now when we see our own life then there are many things which we destroyed or are desorted due to our actions. They were good early but now the condition is worse. So now what to do?

We can see that the cause of most of this is either our sins or the wrong decisions we took or our unwanted actions. You know that you are not supposed to go to a place and you went. Now you want to come out. You went in to a relationship which had no approval from God and now you feel guilty. You want to come out. Many people try many short cuts. Some think drinking or taking drugs will solve their problem. Many try to do things which are below the basic moral standards.

God’s answer is simple-Repent. And also don’t repeat the things for which you have already asked forgiveness.

In the above Verses I have put Jeremiah is asking a question to God- Why? God also spoke many other things to him but the main point is repent.

Restoration can be achieved through repentance. Go to the root cause of problem and repent and come back in that matter and God will restore.

Restoration is possible as a result of repentance.

1 comment:

Biju Thomas said...

Very Good Message.
God Bless.
Bro.Biju.
www.prayerhome.org

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...