I want to share the sermon I preached last Sunday at my church.
YouTube Link - https://youtu.be/CeslSnNAKn0
Main Points from the messages.
- Eph. 4:31-32 - 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
- Mathew 6:14 - “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”
- Col. 3:13 - “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
- Mark 11:25 - “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
- Prov. 17:9 - “Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.”
- “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” - Jan Glidewell
- What do we owe? (19)
- Forgiveness is beneficial and refreshes the heart (20)
- Forgiveness is a matter of obedience (21)
- Response to Godly Leadership (21,22)
- Forgiveness brings restoration (23-24)