Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Plan of God

I believe that God has a definite plan for history and it is supported both in the Old and New Testaments. The plan of God is His eternal decision rendering certain things that will come to pass.

God’s plan is from all eternity and it does not have any chronological sequence. It is His will or pleasure and it is free on God’s part.[1] I believe that ultimately the purpose of God’s plan is His glory. It is all inclusive and efficacious which means that what He purposed from eternity will surely come to pass. 

I also believe that God’s plan relates to His actions rather than His nature and His decisions regarding what He shall do and not His personal attributes. God’s plan primarily relates to what God himself did creating, preserving, directing and redeeming. 

I believe that the plan of God is unconditional rather than conditional on human choice. I believe that God allows people to exercise their human freedom even though God makes situations and circumstances favorable for His will to be done through a person’s life. 

I believe that a person can align himself to the plan of God or he can become rebellious and destroy it for his life. God knows everything and I believe it has to do with His foreknowledge more than Him enforcing or deciding the destiny of an individual person. I believe in the sovereignty of God but at the same time do not think that God is directly or indirectly responsible for all the wrong choices and decisions which a person makes in his life which may include rejecting Jesus Christ as their Savior.


[1] Erickson, Christian Theology, 371.

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...