Recently I came across this blog post from Thom S. Rainer on Churchanswers.com. It really made me reflect and think. I wanted to share the link: Eleven Signs You Are Becoming a Church Consumer Instead of a Committed Church Member.
Let me share the Key Points here-
- Your worship attendance becomes optional.
- You replace in-person attendance with digital attendance (though I fully understand that some people are unable to attend in-person).
- Your attendance to a small group is declining, or you stop attending completely.
- Your attitude toward your church is more critical.
- Your giving declines or stops.
- You critique sermons instead of listening prayerfully.
- You see church as a place to meet your needs instead of your meeting the needs of others.
- You move readily to another church when your needs are not met.
- You get frustrated at what other church members aren’t doing.
- You don’t pray for your church regularly.
- You don’t share the gospel.