Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Church Consumer Instead of a Committed Church Member

Recently I came across this blog post from Thom S. Rainer on Churchanswers.com. It really made me reflect and think. I wanted to share the link: Eleven Signs You Are Becoming a Church Consumer Instead of a Committed Church Member.


Let me share the Key Points here-

  • Your worship attendance becomes optional.
  • You replace in-person attendance with digital attendance (though I fully understand that some people are unable to attend in-person).
  • Your attendance to a small group is declining, or you stop attending completely.
  • Your attitude toward your church is more critical.
  • Your giving declines or stops.
  • You critique sermons instead of listening prayerfully.
  • You see church as a place to meet your needs instead of your meeting the needs of others.
  • You move readily to another church when your needs are not met.
  • You get frustrated at what other church members aren’t doing.
  • You don’t pray for your church regularly.
  • You don’t share the gospel.

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...