Sharing the sermon I preached this Sunday at my church. It is in English.
YouTube Link - https://youtu.be/Tq5A7Q5XtF8
Main Verse:- Daniel 1:15
Summary of the message
- At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his three friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king. (NLT)
- Faithfulness is a key principle in the Bible.
- To be faithful is to be reliable, steadfast, and unwavering.
- an attribute of God,
- a positive characteristic of some people,
- a characteristic that many people lack,
- fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- Daniel and friends - Changes experienced
- Geography/Location change - Jerusalem to Babylon
- Freedom - Now follow the instructions.
- Name change (1:7)
- New Learning - Language and Literature of Chaldeans (1:4)
- Circumstances change- 3 years of training
- Food change- Royal Food and Wine from King's provision (1:5)
- Daniel's Decision - Negotiable vs. Non-negotiable
- Not defile with the food or drink the wine
- One step opened a series of Reward or supernatural provisions
- Health - (1:15) - They looked better and healthier than others
- Relief from ongoing pressure to eat (1:16)
- Knowledge and Understanding in literature and wisdom (1:17)
- Daniel understood visions and dreams of every kind. (1:17)
- They were 10 times better, and no one was equal in matters of wisdom and understanding. (1:20)
- NT encouragement on faithfulness
- Luke 16:10 - “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.
- John 8:31- Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.
- 2 Tim. 4:7-8 - I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 8 And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.
- Colossians 3:17, "Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
- So God uses people who are willing to serve Him in small things. The man God uses is faithful. - Chuck Smith