Wednesday, April 6, 2022

THE CONSTITUTIONAL NATURE OF HUMAN

I believe that humans are to be treated as unities and their spiritual condition cannot be dealt with independently of their physical and psychological condition. A human is a complex being and its nature is not reducible to a single principle.[1] 

I believe that human nature is not inconsistent with the scriptural teaching of a personal conscious existence between death and resurrection. The different aspects of human nature are all to be attended to and respected. I believe that gospel is an appeal to the whole person.  On the basis of different scriptures dealing with human beings, I can agree with the concept of dichotomy. 

I believe that there is spirit, soul, and body (1 Thess. 5:23).   Based on the arguments presented by Erickson regarding the meaning of words used in the original language[2], I agree that there is a possibility of conditional unity.  Robinson’s[3] argument is that the Hebrews had a unitary view of human nature. I do not believe in trichotomism or monism.



[1] Erickson, Christian Theology, 557.

[2] Erickson, Christian Theology, 547.

[3] Erickson, Christian Theology, 547.

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...