I believe God created man in his own image and likeness (Gen.1:26-17). This distinguishes people from all the other creatures. The image of God is what makes humans human.[1] I believe that the image of God is universal within the human race. It is not evident in only a portion of the human race but it is evident in all people. I also believe that this image is not lost as a result of sin or the fall. I do not believe that there is a difference in the degree of the image of God present in different people. This image cannot be correlated with the relationship one has with God. The image is in the very nature of humans in the way in which they were made. I believe that it refers to something a human is rather than something a human has or does.[2] I also believe that image refers to the elements in human makeup that enable the fulfillment of human destiny. The image helps or makes people capable of interacting with other persons, thinking and reflecting, and being willing freely. I believe that this doctrine has a big implication as it helps us to understand that we belong to God. Jesus was the complete revelation of God and we should pattern ourselves after him. The relationship with God is important as we will experience full humanity only when we are properly related to God. This also leads to the conclusion that humans are valuable and we should be careful not to treat people differently based on some criteria. Every person deserves dignity as they are in the image of God.
In many churches and Christian communities, believers find themselves at different stages of spiritual growth. The goal of the Christian life is continual growth into maturity, but not everyone is at the same point in the journey. Here are five common types of Christians , signs that help identify each group, and biblical ways to move toward spiritual victory and maturity . 1) Christians Living an Abundant, Obedient Life These believers actively follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and seek to grow daily in obedience and love. Signs Consistent prayer and Bible study Desire to obey God even when it is difficult Serves others willingly Demonstrates love, humility, and forgiveness Lives with peace and spiritual joy Shares faith naturally How They Continue Growing Remain humble and dependent on God Stay rooted in Scripture Maintain accountability and fellowship Serve consistently without pride Continue spiritual discipline even in difficult seasons Eve...

Comments