Friday, October 21, 2022

Adoptive Family

Growing up, I often heard this phrase: "Blood is thicker than water." It is a proverb in English, meaning that family bonds will always be more robust than other relationships. Honestly, I did not experience that it is valid in all circumstances. In my own life, others came to my help more often, and I also found some other relationships to be stronger.  

Last year when I was battling with sickness, I did experience it again. I am not saying family members were not there or did not express concern, and I found that others were genuinely concerned about me. When I tried to think about it, I found the real reason. It is possible in my adoptive family.

Few Bible verses-

God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. (Eph. 1:5)

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father." (Rom. 8:15)

And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. (Rom. 8:23)

Bible teaches us that when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we become God's children and part of His family. That means we have a large family with God's people. Many times, people do not realize it. If you feel like you do not have anyone or are disowned or neglected by your family, remember that you are part of God's family.

Sometimes I am surprised that people take side with their family members and opposes brothers and sisters who belong to the household of God. They neglect justice and righteousness to stand and support their blood relations. I also see people treating others like they will never want to see them. We cannot mistreat anyone if we hope to spend eternity with others in heaven. We have to wait for the prodigal sons to return and accept them.

What a privilege it is to be part of God's family. It not only gives us comfort but encourages us to lead a humble and balanced life in this world.   

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...