Friday, October 14, 2022

Shameless Boldness

I want to share the sermon I preached last Sunday at my church. 




YouTube Link - https://youtu.be/Xq1VGq9Xrls

Main Points from the messages.

Main Verse:- Luke 11:8

I tell you, even though he won’t get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his friend’s shameless boldness, he will get up and give him as much as he needs. (CSB)

Introduction
  • When compared to the time you spend on things of this world, how much time was spent in prayer?
  • Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still. He will never talk well and with real success to men for God who has not learned well how to talk to God for men.- E.M. Bounds
  1. Jesus was asked a question- "Teach us to pray" (Lk. 1:1)
  2. Lord's or Model Prayer (Lk 11:2-4)
    1. The Lord’s Prayer is commonly divided into two parts:
      1. A prayer directed toward God (Matt 6:9–10; Luke 11:2)
      2. A prayer for daily needs (Matt 6:11–13; Luke 11:3–4).
        1. Give us each day our daily bread - Give us each day the food we need
        2. Forgive us our sins
        3. Do not bring us into temptation- don’t let us yield to temptation
  3. Shameless boldness to ask difficult things (Lk 11:5-8)
  4. Ask, Seek and Knock (Lk 11:9-13)
  5. Ask for Holy Spirit (Lk 11:13)

Conclusion
  • Have felt led to pray for others this winter as never before. I never before knew what it was to work all day and then pray all night before God for another… In college or at parties at home, I used to keep such hours for myself, or pleasure, and can I not do as much for God and souls? - John Hyde
  • In prayer, do you approach Father with shameless boldness?

No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...