Tuesday, August 16, 2022

DMHS - Practical Submission

Sharing the sermon, I preached this Sunday at my church. It is in English. It was a heartfelt message in which I shared how God taught me about submission last year.

Main Points from the message

  • Message Portion:-James 4:1-10
  • Main Verse -  James 4:7 -  So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (NLT)
  • Question - Are we really submitted? 
  • Practical Surrender - More than words. Heart and actions.
  • God owns all; He owns me; He owns my home; He owns my children; He owns my property. I have called your attention before to the fact that the modern idea of ownership is pagan. The Christian idea is this: that God is the absolute owner of all things. - Clovis G. Chappell
  • DMHS - Evil Desires -> Wrong Motives -> False Humility =>Complete Submission
    1. Desires which lead to fighting (4:1-2)
    2. Wrong motives (4:3-4)
    3. Humble in words but proud in reality (4:5-6)
    4. Submit, Resist and humble before the Lord - Let him exalt you (4:7-10)
  • If there be, therefore, perpetual failure in your life, it cannot arise from any weakness or impotence in the Mighty God; but from some failure on your part. That failure may probably be discovered in one of three hiding places--imperfect surrender, deficient faith; or neglected communion. But when the intention of the soul is right with God, without doubt He will save. - F.B. Meyer

YouTube Link - https://youtu.be/jP1uL0RoLWk




No comments:

Be Alert: Do not fall into this trap!

Introduction Recently, a Pastor visited me, and I took him to the Mall of America, the biggest mall in America.  As we were walking, we met ...